Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Blenheim Palace

Well... First of all I'm terribly sorry that I haven't posted anything for a couple of days now... I realize this is supposed to be a daily thing, but I guess I've fallen quite behind, haha. So here is a mad attempt to catch you up on my visit to Blenheim palace. After our train ride into the city, we took a double decker bus to the Palace, (that was kind of exciting :) )
The palace was beautiful and gianormous!
We weren't allowed to take pictures inside during our tour, so my pictures of this trip consist basically of the gardens around the palace (which are breath taking in and of themselves!) but no harm done :)

Another cafe' adventure. I'm not really sure what the dish is on the left, but it was okay, nothing to brag about. I got some potato salad which was pretty good, and then my little pizza in front was rather different as well! It was actually sweet instead of salty which is what I was imagining it would be when I purchased it. It has like this apple sauce glaze underneath the basil and other mystery topping, but honestly I enjoyed it, so no complaints there, haha. Most importantly, it filled me up, so I was a happy camper. I've noticed that the portion sizes in Europe are much smaller than portions in America....or I guess I mean to say... In Europe they actually give you the right portion size whereas in the USA we have overloaded portions, therefore I'm used to eating more and seeing more food on my plate. My stomach has been trying to shrink, because it doesn't get much food during the day while we're out and about going from place to place. We do stop for lunch always, and its usually on our own for what we'd like to do for that; I usually hit up a restaurant or a cafe' like the one shown here... But I make up for my small (and delicious) portions during the day by whipping up some pasta or making a huge mozzarella, tomato, balsamic sandwich or something to that sort. Hopefully I'll learn to eat less throughout the whole day for good... I know I could use a few less lbs, hah :)
Just some garden pictures... the place was huuuuge! So we walked alll over and took many pictures, I have only posted but a tiny itty bitty few of the hundreds of pictures I took. These probably aren't even the best ones either, but you get the idea.




After our long day, some friends convinced me to go to Hard Rock Cafe with them in London (the first of all HRC's...yes I made up that abbreviation) It was pretty pricey, especially since the Pound is around a $1.60 in bills, it adds up quickly lets just say. I did get some awesome nachos though and I was a happy camper.
That picture doesn't really do them justice...
I went with Steph, Dani, Madi, and Elyse. It turned out to be a great day, I had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment