Monday, May 30, 2011

Burghley House

This morning we had to be up pretty early ready to head out to catch the train. I didn't have time to eat any breakfast, but luckily I was able to grab a delicious panini before we left for Burghley. I purchased it at the train station from a French pastry/coffee shop. It was on a thin long baugette with tomato and hard boiled egg with some mayo I belive, it was simple, but it did the trick to fill my stomach and get me going!
Burghley House was beautiful inside and out! Unfortunately it's so gorgeous on the inside that they don't allow photography, but I assure you it was definitely something worth seeing!


All of these little houses that we visit have cafe's in them to get some good grub. I was warned that I MUST have a scone (basically a large tasty flakey biscut in England) smothered with cream and jam, so that is exactly what I got, as well as a few other treats on the side to snack on.

Laurs, Madi, Steph, and I having our tea and scones :)
The gardens here were beautiful! Unfortunately I wasn't able to see everything, but here a few pictures that I was able to snag before we bolted out of there in the rain.



Cool mirror garden thing, haha





No comments:

Post a Comment