Friday, June 17, 2011

Daaaaay 3


On our way to the Musee' de Orsay we passed by the Eiffel Tower, and since it was the first time I'd seen it in the day time I decided I had to snap a quick pick.


This was some really cool iron work on a random building that we saw while walking down the street. Of course the iron work is flat, but definitely a cool optical illusion.


The Art Nouveau style was really big in this area, if you don't know what that is, take a look at the door below, and that should give you a good idea :) During this period they started to bend metal into organic figures and shapes as well as wood and anything with a pattern on it. It looks kinda funky Disneylandish I think, hah.


Awesome living wall!! I'm not sure what building this was however.


Outside the Musee de Orsay.


After we left the museum and grabbed some quick lunch (no food post today, it was just a baugette with butter and salami, so nothing exciting) we hopped on the tube, and then a bus and headed to Le Corbusier's home, Villa Savoye. I remember studying this house in school, and for some reason I thought it was a lot more complex than it really is. Everything is pretty simple on the inside, cool sleek and modern design, especially for the time in which it was built! Here's a few pics from the site...






No comments:

Post a Comment