Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Windsor Castle


Train from Paddington to Slough to Windsor = Windsor Castle, which = awesomeness. This is where the Queen of England currently resides has has lived for the past forever.. haha I think since it was created ;) So they like to call it a "living castle".









We were able to watch the changing of the guard which was pretty cool! I recorded it for 10 minutes... but the my battery on my camera started dying so I had to stop, but I'm glad we were able to see it! There tons of soldiers all marching around, and there was a soldier band playing music and everything. Pretty epic I must say. Below is a picture of just a few of them.





This is where a moat was supposed to be in ancient times but the word on the street is that they never ended up filling it with water. So today it is a beautiful garden and pathway instead.





After Windsor Castle we went to "EAT." Where I purchased two delicious sandwhiches. One was basically just mayo and sliced hard boiled egg with some sprouts on wheat bread. That was like my appetizer to fill my stomach a little bit so I could enjoy this next delicacy :) This sandwich was "Houmous, Avocado & Harrissa" The ingredients are as follows: Malted granary bread, avocado, houmous, red pepper, mixed leaf salad chickpeas, yellow pepper, vegetable oil, lemon juice, coriander, mint, salt, red chili, cumin, lemon zest, smoked paprika. And yes, it was delicious :)


After we returned from our daily trip, Steph, Madi, Stacie, and I hit up some designer shops before they closed up on Kensington Street. The first store was a Swiss designer store that carried all of the best iconic furniture, it was SO great! Here a just a couple of pics:







After that, we went to Harrods, which looks pretty ugly from the outside, but happens to be a font of all inspiration on the inside! It's design heaven! They have everything there from designer watches and clothing to perfumes and colognes to musical instruments and most importantly awesome furniture, kitchen show rooms and the list goes on! Apparently we weren't supposed to take pictures in there... but I snapped a few before I found that out ;)

Oh, and lots of chocolate too :)



No this is not fruit...still candy... all disguised like.


The main escalator shafts were done in an egyptian theme, from the 6th floor all the way down to the basement floors, it was pretty intense, soo much detail!



We were all loving this place, so much cool stuff! This chair was awesome, so I had to sneak of picture of Madi sitting in it... I was sitting on its twin when I took this picture. haha, P.S. Funny quote by Madi of the night is (after just having walked into the furniture department) "Okay, is it weird that my heart rate just went up?!" Oh Madi, how you are full of funny things to say.




Steph was loving life when we got into the music department and there was this handmade 81,000 pound (money, not weight) baby grand piano. She was staring it down when a worked walked by to close it up since the store was getting ready to close, and he asked if she played, and she said she did, so he let her play it! (Side note: EVERYTHING in this place was like hands off no touchyness, so this was a nice surprise for her.) She played the beginning of a Gershwin song, and the employee even recognized the song, good work Steph! :) But that wraps up my day, definitely a good one! Bright and early tomorrow morning, yay for meeting at 6:45 am.


No comments:

Post a Comment